AVAILABLE TO CHILDREN
AGES 3-5 YEARS OLD
Our preschool program ensures that every child receives the foundation needed for kindergarten. To do this, we use Abeka preschool curriculum, because we believe It prepares children for a lifetime of learning. Abeka features a traditional approach to teaching and learning, cross-subject integration, spiral review, and plenty of hands-on activities. In addition, we integrate a Bible curriculum into our program to ensure that each child receives a solid spiritual foundation. With these curriculums, our Preschool Program provides children with the environment, nutrition, safety, knowledge, and tools they need to keep their active minds growing and learning. You can view our Parent Handbook here.
what we provide our preschoolers
• Developmentally-appropriate practices — Each guided activity, station and procedure is tailored to fit a growing, eager preschooler. We prepare children for elementary school and beyond by building the foundation they need to thrive. Each day, the classroom participates in activities that are customized to each child’s abilities and growth.
• Hands-on involvement — By using teacher-directed and self-directed activities, children are encouraged to learn through engaging, hands-on approaches that allow each child to explore their surroundings.
• Decision-making and problem-solving skills — Starting at this age, children learn not only to react to their surroundings, but to anticipate, decide, and solve the problems in front of them. Our programs offer safe, nurturing environments for preschoolers to begin building these important skills.
• Character development — Emotional, behavioral, and social skills are developed through our programs to help children grow into healthy, happy, and well-adjusted citizens.
• Vocabulary — Preschoolers in our programs learn to build and grow their vocabulary in preparation for Kindergarten and beyond.
• Social-emotional activities — As they are growing, preschoolers are learning how to display their emotions and interact with their peers and teachers. Our programs are developed to further guide a child’s social-emotional growth through positive interactions with those around them.
• Literacy skills — Learning to read is an exciting time in a child’s life! Preschoolers will start putting their alphabet skills to work as they learn to read together in groups and during individual times.
• Small group instruction — Using small group time to explore new concepts and activities increases a preschooler’s chance to explore with positive guidance while learning to cooperate and work together with their peers.